tisdag 3 februari 2015

4 års fängelse för flicka som ville ansluta sig till ISIS

Shannon Maureen Conley - den 19-åriga flickan från Denver, som i somras arresterades när hon mot FBI maning, ändå försökte ansluta sig till ISIS - har nu dömts till fyra års fängelse.

I rättsalen sa hon att hon ångrat sig:

"I am glad I have learned of their true identity here and not on the front lines," she said. "I disavow these radical views I've come to know and I now believe in the true Islam in which peace is encouraged."

"Even though I was committed to the idea of jihad, I didn't want to hurt anyone," she continued. "It was all about defending Muslims."


Domaren sa dock:

"I'm don't know what has been crystalized in your mind," he said. "I'm not going to take a chance with you."


Källa: People.com

Se även tidigare inlägg:

FBI arresterar ISIS-frivillig flicka 20140703

Inga kommentarer: